Pacman 2.0 was released yesterday and should be on the mirrors soon.
Some new pacman features:
- Package-level dependency functionality
- Built-in FTP support
- New database structure
- md5-based backup file control (a la rpm)
- Ability to upgrade packages from a remote server
- Auto-resolving dependencies with --sync
- A search option for finding new packages
- The 'abs' sync script for updating your ABS tree
- Dependency checking at the source level with makepkg
- More package meta-info available with the --info option
- Easy conversion from a pacman 1.x database
I expect to release Firefly in the next week or so.