As is customary by now there is a new install medium available at the beginning of this month. The live system can be downloaded from Download and be used for new installs or as a rescue system.
In addition to a couple of updated packages and bug fixes the following changes stand out:
- First medium with Linux 3.5 (3.5.3)
- The script boot parameter works again (FS#31022)
- When booting via PXE and NFS or NBD the ISO will be copied to RAM to ensure a more stable usage.
- The live medium contains usb_modeswitch and wvdial which e.g. allows to establish a network connection using an UMTS USB dongle
- Furthermore the newest versions of initscripts, systemd and netcfg are included.