netcfg 2.8.2 has been moved to [core]. It has been six months since netcfg had an update, so it accumulated quite some changes. Here is a shortlist.
- Configuration has moved out of
rc.conf. Please move your configuration to
- Connection types ending in
-iprouteare discontinued. Remove the suffix if you still have it: you didn't need it.
- Systemd is now supported for single profile, multiple profile, automatic wired and automatic wireless connections.
- For your basic wifi needs, you can now use the bundled
wifi-menutool. It is a dialog based connection aid inspired by wifi-select.
- Disconnecting an interface is no longer done through
-i. The new parameter is
-D. Reconnecting an interface is possible through
- There is a new connection type: PPPoE.
The full changelog is at http://projects.archlinux.org/netcfg.git/tree/NEWS?id=2.8.2
The wiki does not reflect all these changes yet, please help updating it!