After a testing phase kernel 126.96.36.199 has been moved to Core where it replaces version 188.8.131.52.
Some of the most visible changes for users include:
- more mac80211-based wireless drivers added
- tickless support for x86_64
- uvesafb; support for ATI Xpress 200M and Mac framebuffers
- ACPI usage in libata
- SATA port multipliers support
- NCQ support on MCP51/MCP55/MCP61 chipsets (add 'swncq=1' to the kernel boot commandline)
- SDIO support
- ability to use any kernel version to resume a hibernated system
- read-only --bind mounts
- tons of bugfixes and improvements
A detailed human-readable changelog is available at KernelNewbies Wiki.
Attention! The kernel26-184.108.40.206-2 package includes an important security fix (local user privilege escalation). Everyone is encouraged to upgrade, especially on a system with ssh accounts.