- A new script,
/sbin/rc, that allows to start/stop and list daemons.
- Support FakeRAID (dmraid).
- Support btrfs.
- The adjustment of the hwclock for drift is moved into a daemon that
should not be used in most scenarios as it can lead to subtle bugs
(especially if using dual-boot or ntp). If you know what you are doing and want to adjust the hardware clock for drift, add
- We now let udev deal with mdadm, and no longer call mdadm explicitly. This should make things more robust without losing any functionality.
- We would like to remind everyone that initscripts expect all other packages (except for the kernel) to be up-to-date. This in particular includes udev, mdadm, dmraid and lvm.
- We now strongly discourage the use of
HARDWARECLOCK="localtime", as this may lead to several known and unfixable bugs. However, there are no plans to drop support for