We proudly announce the release of the new Arch Linux installation images, version 2009.02. It took us quite a while, but we think the result is worth it: we added some cool new things and ironed out some long-lasting imperfections.
2009.02 comes with the following features:
- Kernel 2.6.28
- Ext4 support. Installation can be done on a ext4 root partition.
- Rescue and maintenance capabilities for Ext4 root partitions
- Fallback ISOs with the ISOLINUX bootloader, for those that have trouble booting Grub-based images
- Several bugfixes in the installer
- Brought the included documentation up-to-date
- Inclusion of AIF (Arch Linux Installation Framework), the next generation installer, currently under development.
If you encounter any problems, you can check for bug reports (or file a new one) under the "Release Engineering" project
For more info about the releng team and how to get in touch with us, see the announcement
Our goal is to bring coordinated releases following the rhythm of kernel releases, in order to provide optimal hardware support. The roadmap (and current open bugs) of the next release (which will be based on 2.6.29) can be found on the bug tracker